Wrightson, Johnson, Haddon, and Williams, Inc. (WJHW) is accepting applicants for the position of Theatre Systems Designer in their San Antonio office. This individual will support the firm’s theatre consultants and project managers in the development and administration of designs on a variety of architectural projects.
The prospective employee will possess all the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical theater or engineering.
- At least three years of experience in one of the following:
- A stage lighting contractor, consulting firm, or lighting manufacturer.
- A theatrical rigging contractor or rigging equipment manufacturer.
- Project management in an architectural firm.
- Project management in a theater or other entertainment industry setting.
- Experience in the production of drawings using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of multiple lighting control protocols.
- Communicate effectively with clients, engineers and other design team members.
- A willingness to travel as a necessary component of fulfilling the job responsibilities.
- Assist in developing the design of theatrical lighting, rigging and stage equipment systems for architectural projects -- new construction and renovations.
- Create CAD drawings and prepare detailed specifications for part of bid document packages for WJHW clients.
- Coordinate with architects, engineers, and contractors on project detail.
- Provide review and oversight of the work of specialty contractors providing systems for WJHW projects.
Submit resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 972/934-3720 Attn: HR or mailed to our office by 12/31/17. WJHW will contact selected applicants to complete an application and schedule a formal interview. All applicants must be United States citizens or otherwise be legally allowed to work in the United States without our sponsorship (legal green card status, etc...).
WJHW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WJHW does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, disability, sex, age, ancestry, medical condition, marital status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
WJHW is a drug-free workplace. The manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession, sale, purchase, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana on company or clients’ property is prohibited, including the use, possession or selling of drug paraphernalia. Employees who violate this policy are subject to appropriate disciplinary action up to and including termination.